Computacenter has helped Kellogg’s identify some immediate cost savings and efficiency gains as well as shape its long-term strategic roadmap for digital transformation
More than 100 years ago, W.K. Kellogg founded the Kellogg Company through his belief in nutrition and dedication to well-being. Motivated by a passion for people, quality and innovation, he created the first-ever breakfast cereal and then shaped an entire industry. Kellogg’s soon became a household name; his signature, a trusted mark. Today, W.K. Kellogg’s legacy continues to inspire, creating moments of delight for people around the world with its well-loved brands.
Kellogg's as an organisation is implementing a cloud-first strategy. With Windows 2008 going end of life in January 2020, the company took the opportunity to engage Computacenter to identify and evaluate its current environment; analyse its existing applications and which ones to migrate into the cloud; and a strategy to transform the environment for the future.
Computacenter’s Application Disposition service has provided Kellogg's with the opportunity to highlight and address some short-term areas of improvement resulting in some immediate cost savings and efficiencies, as well as shape the long-term strategic roadmap for the future.
The challenges we provided to Computacenter were very in-depth and quite broad. We gave them an opportunity to show what they were capable of and they approached it in a really professional way. They’ve delved into so many different areas that we wouldn’t have been able to do in-house by ourselves and they provided us with a fantastic piece of work that we can use for the future as well.Stephanie Roddy, IT Director, Corporate Business Solutions, Kellogg’s
- Continue ‘cloud-first’ strategy
- Evaluate options due to Windows 2008 EOL
- Set a clear digital transformation strategy
- Independent advice and support
- Application Disposition Service
- De-risk the platform by moving off legacy platforms
- Transformation of Kellogg’s environment to a more modern, flexible cloud environment
- Cost savings from a reduced footprint on premises and better standardisation across the group.
- Better understanding of the application lifecycle and future target platform
- A long-term strategic roadmap for digital transformation