Computacenter - NGSD
Computacenter enriches IT support experience and increases staff productivity with Next...Read Customer Story
Computacenter maintains a valid list of customer stories that highlight the depth and...Read more
Computacenter was appointed to carry out an independent comparison of the performance of collaboration environments offered by Microsoft and IBM for Kommunale Rechenzentrum Niederrhein (KRZN). Thanks to this comparison, KRZN now has a comprehensive overview of the solutions, which will provide a strong basis for their evaluation and future decision.
A FOCUS ON NEUTRALITY AND COMPETENCE
As the IT service provider for local authorities, KRZN must keep the cost of IT systems low. The incumbent solution, which is based on IBM collaboration products such as Lotus Domino/Notes, Connections and Sametime, was compared with collaboration solutions offered by Microsoft under normal operating conditions, to weigh up the costs and benefits of replacing the solution.
Our collaboration with Computacenter went very well. Computacenter was flexible and accommodated our changing requirements for the test environment, quickly implementing the new approachesBastian Lemm, Project Manager, Kommunale Rechenzentrum Niederrhein
- Develop a Microsoft test environment under conditions similar to KRZN's normal operating conditions
- Make an objective comparison between the existing solutions and Microsoft's offering
- Obtain estimated costs for the possible replacement of the existing solution
- Improve usability and increase productivity
The implementation and analysis of the Microsoft Collaboration Stack as a whole demonstrated to KRZN what impact a possible integration would have, and how the Microsoft solutions would perform in this specific context.
During the development of a comprehensive collaboration environment, the most up-to-date Microsoft components, including Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Exchange Server 2016, SharePoint 2016 and Skype for Business 2015 were implemented. Using Quest Migration Manager to migrate mailboxes, Computacenter was able to demonstrate the functionality of the solution.
- Thanks to Computacenter’s comparison, KRZN is now in a position to weigh up the costs and benefits of the two collaboration environments
- Both the technical requirements and costs of migration have been determined and evaluated
- The company also now has all the necessary data at its disposal for a cost-benefit analysis, based on Computacenter’s comprehensive advice on Microsoft licensing.